Senior Avionics Engineer | Richmond (NSW)
|Category:||Engineering - Avionics/Electrical|
|Position Type:||White Collar - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Engineer - Richmond Avionics Systems.pdf (PDF, 202KB)
PD - Engineer - Richmond Avionics Systems - Annexure 1 v1.pdf (PDF, 370KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Feb-2019|
Senior Avionics Engineer
Richmond RAAF Base
About the program
Airbus is seeking an experienced Senior Avionics Engineer who is looking to lead a collaborative and innovative team of Engineers. You would be joining the Air Mobility Program based at the RAAF Base Richmond, the program provides Through Life Support (maintenance, engineering and logistics) to the Royal Australian Air Force C-130J Hercules platform. You and your team will provide engineering technical solutions and advice to operators, maintainers, manufacturers and logistics personnel.
About the role
The Senior Avionics Engineer will provide engineering guidance in the execution of design and investigation activities within the assigned area of the Through Life Support (TLS) organisation.
You can anticipate some of your day-to-day activities to include:
- Perform technical investigation of problems emanating from the maintenance, logistics or operating environment, with on-site aircraft accessible to assist in this process.
- Maintain data files, engineering records and electronic databases as required to accurately report and record engineering decisions.
- Develop, review and approve design tasks and provide support to the Avionics Lead in delivering engineering solutions including system integrations, upgrades, modifications, substitutions, repairs and design content associated with STIs and publications, relating to aircraft avionics and electrical systems in accordance with the level and scope of delegated Engineering Authority.
- Liaise with the Services, operators, maintainers, airworthiness authorities and members of the relevant Design Support Network in Australia and overseas as appropriate to ensure design integrity.
- Provide professional development, mentoring and guidance to engineering staff within the C-130J program.
- Promote and participate in the development of engineering knowledge within the engineering unit and assist with the development of procedures and systems.
The skills and experience best suited to this role:
- Degree in Avionics, Electronics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent with competencies sufficient to satisfy the requirements for Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) membership of Engineers Australia or equivalent
- Several years of proven experience, ideally with a strong background of design office experience
- Well-polished communication and report writing skills
- Aviation Software Development / Management experience is highly desirable
- Aviation System Safety & Risk Analysis experience would be well regarded.
What's on offer
Here at Airbus Australia Pacific we offer dynamic and diverse roles as well as a friendly place to work!Some benefits you can expect:
- Professional development opportunities and training plans aligned to support your career progression.
- Salary Packaging – including salary sacrifice and novated leases.
- Employee Share Ownership Plan.
- Options for flexible working arrangements – including 9 day working fortnight
- Strong links to the broader Airbus Group global community.
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment medical screening which may include drug and alcohol testing.
More about Airbus in Australia Pacific
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, and is one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Airbus in Australia Pacific is the region's largest helicopter manufacturer, employing more than 1500 people across 15 sites in Australia and New Zealand. With the largest market share in civilian and military helicopters, the company supports more than 500 Airbus Helicopters and is well recognised as a leading Through-Life-Support provider in military fixed wing and helicopter platforms.
Application Closing Date: 23 February 2019