Manager Quality Capability and Standards | Brisbane Airport
|Position Type:||White Collar - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| A04145- PD Manager Quality Capability and Standards.pdf (PDF, 203KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Feb-2019|
Manager Quality Capability and Standards
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. With a workforce of 130,000 Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners around. Airbus Australia Pacific (AAP) is the region's largest helicopter business, employing more than 1500 people across 15 sites in Australia and New Zealand. With the largest market share in civilian and military helicopters, the company supports more than 500 Airbus Helicopters and is well recognised as a leading Through-Life-Support provider in military fixed wing and helicopter platforms.
About the team
The Airbus Australia Pacific (AAP) Quality function safeguards our on-going compliance with Industry Quality Standards, and Regulatory frameworks. Demonstrating best practice, the Quality team are focused on assuring compliance to the management systems owned by the business lines.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Quality and leading a team of quality assurance experts, technical and administrative support staff, this is a management role that drives standardisation, simplification and optimisation of Quality activities and stewards the embedding of Quality Management System (QMS) requirements across all parts of the AAP business.
You will be required to:
- Ensure the QMS is compliant with required regulatory and international standards, such as ISO9001, in order to maintain current certifications and accreditations
- Manage and optimise the company's Process and Document Management System including the automation of processes
- Drives standardisation, simplification and optimisation
- Use your in-depth knowledge of quality systems, processes and tools to change behaviours towards quality, encouraging openness and collaboration
- Lead and motivate a high performing team of professionals toward a common goal, encouraging innovation and teamwork
- Define, Promote and Report on the management of Quality across Airbus Australia Pacific
- Ensure proactive and preventative compliance strategies are developed to improve conformance
- Conduct audits and/or investigations as required
- Drive continuous improvement to meet internal customer needs, including change and risk management best practices
The skills and experience best suited to this role:
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a Lead Auditor, managing audits and investigations
- Degree qualification ideally in Business, IT or similar (or relevant experience)
- In-depth knowledge of ISO and AS Quality Management Standards
- Demonstrated experience in Quality Systems and Tools and automation of processes
- Demonstrated success in driving continuous improvement using detailed analysis and problem solving skills to achieve balance between compliance and efficiency
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships to drive quality outcomes whilst enhancing current processes
- Experience in people management, developing and enhancing a small team to achieve business goals
- Proven ability to manage projects and related activities
What's on offer?
The Airbus Group is a global platform for excellence, with network expertise providing our people with the opportunity to be a part of rapidly advancing innovations in engineering and technology to accomplish the extraordinary; making the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. We have dedicated resources to deliver:
- Clear operational and strategic objectives, supportive structures, systems and processes
- Exciting and significant future commercial opportunities with strong links to the broader Airbus Group global community
- A commitment to your professional development
- Values driven leadership focused on employee and customer experience
- Flexible working arrangements and employee health plans
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment medical screening which may include drug and alcohol testing.
About Airbus Australia Pacific
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, and is one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Airbus in Australia Pacific is the region's largest helicopter manufacturer, employing more than 1750 people across 15 sites in Australia and New Zealand. With the largest market share in civilian and military helicopters, the company supports more than 500 Airbus Helicopters and is well recognised as a leading Through-Life-Support provider in military fixed wing and helicopter platforms.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Application Closing Date: Friday, 23 February 2019