Vice President Strategy, Sales and Marketing | Brisbane - MacArthur Ave
|Category:||Sales & Marketing|
|Position Type:||White Collar - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description VP Strategy Sales Marketing.pdf (PDF, 369KB)
|Application Close Date:||03-Mar-2019|
Vice President Strategy, Sales and Marketing
About the team
The Strategy, Sales and Marketing team is responsible for delivering profitable, achievable and mutually beneficial opportunities for our helicopter, fixed wing and defence & space business lines. The team consists of Subject Matter Experts in the areas of sales, business development, communications and customer contract management. They are responsible for the execution of campaigns for Civil helicopters sales & services, through-life platform support for Defence and any other revenue generation activities to increase Airbus market share in the region.
About the role
As the Vice President, Strategy, Sales and Marketing you will report to the Managing Director and participate as a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT). This is a key leadership role aimed at “Winning Business” by leading four functional teams: Strategy, Marketing and Communications, Key Account Management and Commercial & Offers. Position description attached.
Some of your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Cascading corporate strategy and enabling the successful achievement of strategic goals
- Understanding the environmental impacts to strategy including political, environmental, social, technological, economic, and legal.
- Targeted sales techniques and methodologies for developing new markets, including sales campaigning.
- Lead and direct the Strategic Communications team to provide communications to support strategy and brand reputation that meet all Airbus branding and protocols.
The knowledge, skills and experience best suited to this role:
- Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Commerce, Engineering, or similar; or relevant experience.
- A minimum of 10 years corporate sales and business development experience with experience in the Australian or New Zealand Defence and/or civil aviation industry.
- Exceptional commercial acumen and negotiation skills, with an ability to identify emerging trends, perform quality market analysis, formulate strategic responses and convert leads to tangible business outcomes.
- Knowledge of product and service offerings within the Defence, Aviation and Aerospace market, including competitor offerings for ISR systems & technologies and unmanned vehicles.
- Proven leadership capability, including a proven ability to build, motivate and lead an innovative, high performing team and positive culture; underpinned by a high degree of personal and professional integrity.
What's on offer
The Airbus Group is a global platform for excellence, with network expertise providing our people with the opportunity to be a part of rapidly advancing innovations in engineering and technology to accomplish the extraordinary; making the world a more connected, safer and smarter place.
Airbus Australia Pacific has recently conducted a dynamic organisational transformation to enhance our performance in support of our customers, with dedicated resources to deliver:
- Clear operational and strategic objectives
- Supportive structures, systems and processes
- Exciting and significant future commercial opportunities
- A commitment to your professional development
- Strong links to the broader Airbus Group global community.
- Values driven leadership focussed on employee and customer experience
- Competitive salary packaging
- Employee Share Ownership Plan.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee health plans
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment medical screening which may include drug and alcohol testing.
More about Airbus in Australia Pacific
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of €59 billion and employed a workforce of around 129,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Airbus Australia Pacific is the region's largest helicopter supplier, employing more than 1500 people across multiple sites in Australia and New Zealand. With the largest market share in civilian and defence helicopters, the company supports more than 500 Airbus Helicopters and is well recognised as a leading Through-Life-Support provider in defence fixed wing and rotary wing platforms.
Application Closing Date: 3 March 2019