Software Development Engineer | Brisbane (QLD)
|Category:||Engineering - Avionics/Electrical|
|Position Type:||White Collar - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Feb-2020|
Software Development Engineer
Brisbane – Pinkenba
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. With a workforce of 130,000 Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners around. Airbus Australia Pacific (AAP) is the region's largest helicopter business, employing more than 1500 people across 15 sites in Australia and New Zealand. With the largest market share in civilian and military helicopters, the company supports more than 500 Airbus Helicopters and is well recognised as a leading Through-Life-Support provider in military fixed wing and helicopter platforms.
About the team
The Software Development Team is part of the Design Engineering division of AAP who is responsible for providing ‘fit for purpose/fit to contract' product and service delivery excellence to meet service performance targets and regulatory requirements.
We have recently transformed our business model and as such are looking to grow our current Software Development team.
About the role
Reporting to the Team Lead Software Development, as a Software Development Engineer you will join a collaborative team of engineers in Brisbane developing airborne and ground based software products. This would include:
- Performing software engineering activities focusing on software requirements analysis, code and unit test, software integration and software formal qualification test
- Review of engineering artefacts covering the full software product lifecycle
- Undertake Technical Information Review
- Develop, review, approve and manage Design Engineering tasks including advice, repairs and modifications
- Maintain data files, engineering records and electronic databases as required to report accurately and record engineering decisions
To be successful in this role, it is a requirement to be able to work in a team environment, have well developed relationship skills as well as good verbal and written skills. You will need to be someone who is able to work autonomously and to tight deadlines and work comfortably in a continuous improvement work environment. Ideally, we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running.
The skills and experience best suited to this role:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in a relevant discipline (i.e. Software / Systems / Mechatronics / Avionics)
- 5+ years Software Engineering experience
- Working knowledge of software development and certification methodologies
- Experience with software development in some or all of the following is highly desirable: ADA, C#, SQL, Java, Python, C/C++, Unix
What's on offer?
The Airbus Group is a global platform for excellence, with network expertise providing our people with the opportunity to be a part of rapidly advancing innovations in engineering and technology to accomplish the extraordinary; making the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. We have dedicated resources to deliver:
- Clear operational and strategic objectives with significant future commercial opportunities
- Supportive structures, systems and processes with a commitment to your development
- Strong links to the broader Airbus Group global community
- Values driven leadership focussed on employee and customer experience
- Competitive salary packaging, Employee Share Ownership Plan, Employee health plans
- Flexible working arrangements
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment medical screening which may include drug and alcohol testing.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 23rd Feruary 2020