Software Engineer | Brisbane (QLD)
|Category:||Engineering - Avionics/Electrical|
|Position Type:||White Collar - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Feb-2020|
Software Test Engineer
Brisbane – Pinkenba
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. With a workforce of 130,000 Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners around. Airbus Australia Pacific (AAP) is the region's largest helicopter business, employing more than 1500 people across 15 sites in Australia and New Zealand. With the largest market share in civilian and military helicopters, the company supports more than 500 Airbus Helicopters and is well recognised as a leading Through-Life-Support provider in military fixed wing and helicopter platforms.
About the team
The Software Test Team is part of the Design Engineering division of AAP who is responsible for providing ‘fit for purpose/fit to contract' product and service delivery excellence to meet service performance targets and regulatory requirements.
We have recently transformed our business model and as such are looking to grow our current Software Test team.
About the role
Reporting to the Team Lead Software Test, you will work closely with your team to develop and deliver design solutions, using a systems engineering approach. This would include:
- Undertaking Technical Information Review within your scope
- Giving approved engineering advice and instruction for continued airworthiness
- Maintain data files and electronic records required to accurately report and record engineering decisions
- Actively participate in the improvement of policies and procedures
- Reviewing of engineering artefacts across the product lifecycle
- Develop engineering test artefacts in accordance with company procedures and policy
- Perform integration and formal test verification as required in applicable contracts.
To be successful in this role, it is a requirement to be able to work in a team environment, have well developed relationship skills as well as good verbal and written skills. You will need to be someone who is able to work autonomously and to tight deadlines and work comfortably in a continuous improvement work environment. Ideally, we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running.
The skills and experience best suited to this role:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Software, Avionics, Electronics or similar
- 5+ years software engineering experience, gained within the aviation industry
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, such as DASR would be highly regarded
- Chartered or Registered Professional Engineering status (or ability to obtain this) would be desirable
What's on offer?
The Airbus Group is a global platform for excellence, with network expertise providing our people with the opportunity to be a part of rapidly advancing innovations in engineering and technology to accomplish the extraordinary; making the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. We have dedicated resources to deliver:
- Clear operational and strategic objectives with significant future commercial opportunities
- Supportive structures, systems and processes with a commitment to your development
- Strong links to the broader Airbus Group global community
- Values driven leadership focussed on employee and customer experience
- Competitive salary packaging, Employee Share Ownership Plan, Employee health plans
- Flexible working arrangements
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment medical screening which may include drug and alcohol testing.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 23rd Feruary 2020